Monday, May 13, 2013

When Life Hands you a Lemon...

It better be challenge approved! It's easier to laugh about it now but last week was rough, and when I say rough, that is an understatement. We had some very trying moments and when I find a stressful situation, I usually turn to food and poor health choices for comfort. So with all that stress I let my guard down and slipped off the proverbial wagon a few times. But life goes on and so must I. I need to pick myself back up and get back on that horse or fill in your own silly cliche here _____________.

For the most part people are starting to really notice the changes in my appearance, outlook, and energy level. I feel better than I have in years and I know that even though I may slip here and there I have an AMAZING support system. When they say a sorority is for life they mean it. Josipa and Abbey are my sisters for life! These two women have been truly a godsend in the last few months. I am blessed to call them friends and sisters. We may have started out as sorority sisters but we are LIFE SISTERS now. I love you both dearly!

But enough with the gush. I ran, yes ran, 33% of a mile on Thursday, I briskly walked the rest of the mile. It's not a lot but it's a start. After 4+ years battling a knee injury, a ligament replacement, and a baby; I finally feel like I can try to run. I was never a runner but I want to try and that is a good thing. I even bought new running shoes so there is no turning back now. I hope to be running a full mile by July and walking at least 2 along with the run. We'll see if I can make it there! Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment